mogwai @ la cigale, paris, france
click for larger image. thanks to samuel roman.
mogwai fear satan
d to e
you don't know jesus
small kids in the background
2 rights make one wrong
thanks to nicholas.
thanks to samuel roman.
not the best mogwai gig i've seen, but very good anyway. shame part of my enjoyment of the gig was ruined by some twats.
- bloke standing next to me, and who bellowed during all the gig. i
don't care if my ears buzz because of the music, but i'd rather this
was not due to some cunt shouting in my ears. ffs, this guy even
shouted during the quiet bits. i've forgotten your name, but don't
expect me to say hello to you anymore when i come across you at the
- girl next to me (yeh i chose a great place to stand...) dancing as if
she was listening to jennifer lopez or destiny's child. you were
- couple at the front row who spent half the gig snogging. why don't
you just stay at home and put on the record then?! no need to go and
display your affection for each other at gigs where you'll just manage
to piss off single people who don't need to be reminded they are
- drunk/stoned guy moshing every time it got a bit loud. you were a
pain to absolutely everyone in the front rows.
- people talking before the end of helicon 1 - sacrilege!
- tall guys who just need to raise their hand to grab setlists that are
thrown into the crowd, while even if i jump, i'll never grab it that
- japanese kid at the balcony, who got up and danced like mad during
mogwai fear satan, and some other times after that. you rocked, man.
amongst the songs that mogwai played: sine wave - mogwai fear satan -
ithica - like herod - small kids - helicon 1 - 2 rights. not sure of
the order of the songs, and they did 1 or 2 more between fear satan and
like herod. the encore was meant to be xmas steps + another song whose
title i couldn't read on the setlist, but they played a fantastic
version of the jewish song instead, so no regret not hearing xmas
the gig lasted about an hour and a half.